Monday, May 26, 2008

We Sell Parrots and Smash Brothers.

So right now I'm in beautiful Newburyport MA, the town that saw my ass into this world, kicking screaming and covered in placenta (I was going to say polenta, but then I realized that my mother was not an ear of corn). I'm stuck here because I have to get a metal plate screwed into my left Fibula. I broke it when some overenthusiastic idiot fucked up a judo move at Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. We were going to get the operation done in NYC, but we know the foremost doctor in ankle orthepedics up here so we decided to go with a known factor.

Anyway, before I limped my way to the Accella train, I took some snaps of this buisness in my part of Brooklyn; Bushwick. I was passing by to get a key made when I decided to go inside. This place, it turns out sells pets and used videogames. I'm not kidding. What can make a busted ass Sega Saturn with a broken controller port sadder?

A puppy mill.



Welcome to Bushwick!



See the sights!



Meet the small, furry residents!



Our staff is damn near starving for attention!



Sample exotic wares!



Bring home souvenirs for the kids at home!

And with that, I'm gonna go to bed. I have a glass of Brazillian Cachaça over ice nd a long boring day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm gonna blog about the Squadcast when it decides to hit the interwaves.

Here's hoping I don't have to spend two months in a cast.

2 comments:

Cyranix said...

I think the only thing missing from that shop to turn it into a complete kid magnet is a candy aisle. I approve.

Jenn said...

I like the word "interwaves" -- I can't believe I've never heard this neologism before. Hey, when are you going to blog again? Ever?